Thursday, October 16, 2008

TBBT Se 02: The Griffin Equivalency

Episode 4

Penny: Okay. Well, I'll just, uhm, go eat. By myself.
Leonard: Penny, you don't have to do that.
Penny: No, its okay. Between him not talking, him talking, and him, I'm better off alone. So... Goodbye, you poor strange little man.

***
Howard: Do I get an honorable mention for designing the telescope camera mounting bracket you used?
Raj: Sorry. It's not part of my heart-warming and personal narrative, in which a humble boy from New Delhi overcame poverty and prejudice and journeyed to America to reach for the stars.
Howard: Poverty? You father's a gynecologist. He drives a Bentley.
Raj: It's a lease!

***
Sheldon: I'm confused. Was there some sort of peer review committee to determine which scientist will be included?
Raj: Peer review? It's People magazine. People picked me.
Sheldon: What people?
Raj: The, the, the people from People.
Sheldon: Yeah, but exactly, who are these people? What are their credentials? How are they qualified? What makes accidentally noticing a hunk of rock that's been traipsing around the solar system for billions of years more noteworthy than any other scientific accomplishment made by someone under thirty?

***
Leonard: 'you proud of yourself?
Sheldon: In general, yes.

***
Sheldon: Look, I've found my missing neutrino.
Howard: Oh good, we can take it off the milk cart.

***
Sheldon: I often forget other people have limitations. That's so sad.
Howard: He can feel sadness?
Leonard: Not really, it's what you and I would call condescension.

***
Sheldon: Fine. What do you want me to do?
Leonard: Smile.
Howard: Oh crap! that's terrifying.
Leonard: We're here to see Koothrappali not kill Batman! try less teeth.

***
Raj: They are going to digitally add a supernova. They said it's the perfect metaphor for my incandescent talent.
Sheldon: Right. A ball of hot flaming gas that collapses upon itself.

***
Penny: I can't believe you. Raj is celebrating a tremendous accomplishment and you're not even gonna be there to support him?
Sheldon: A tremendous accomplishment would be if the planetary body he discovered were plummeting toward earth and he exploded it with his mind.
Howard: That would be cool. I'd go to that reception.

***
Sheldon: If Koothrappali is moving on to a new life of shallow, undeserved fame, then perhaps this is an opportunity to create a better cohort.
Leonard: You wanna breed a new friend?!
Sheldon: That's one option, but who has the time?

***
Howard: Sheldon, don't take this the wrong way but you're insane.
Leonard: That may well be, but the fact is, it wouldn't kill us to meet some new people.
Sheldon: For the record, it could kill us to meet new people. They could be murderers, the carriers of unusual pathogens... and I'm not insane. My mother had me tested.

***
Leonard: Let's see, money, women, technology... We're agreed, our new friend is going to be Iron Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment